In their new book Unmasking the Masquerade, illusionists Rod Robison & Adrian Van Vactor boldly reveal the powerful secrets behind the supernatural, psychic ability and the limits of Satan. The book brings a critical perspective to the exploding field of magic and illusion, and to the millions of people around the world being deceived and frightened by the seemingly supernatural activity they have witnessed or heard about.
We’ll talk about:
- The fraudulent claims of some “miracle workers”
- How Christians should challenge their own assumptions of what is supernatural.
- The negative feedback they receive from some Christians for being illusionists.
- Why is there an increased interest in the supernatural?
- How they use magic and illusion to prest the gospel in some of the most superstitious cultures.
- And we’ll ask was Jesus nothing more than a masterful illusionist of his time and are his miracles duplicatable?
Introducing New Artist Reta Watkins – That Christmas Feeling
Talented new artist Reta Watkins just released her debut project That Christmas Feeling. I really like her Jazz/Big Band sound, especially her unique rendition of Mary Did You Know. Listen in to our conversation for a sample of her heart-touching Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas and the equally heart-touching story behind her recording it.
You hear standards such as It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year, Sleigh Ride, Wonderful Christmastime, I’ve Got My Love to Keep Me Warm, and The Christmas Song as well as a few fantastic originals. Check it out.
Follow Reta at retawatkins.com