Left Behind – The Movie, Producer Paul Lalonde & Nourishments by Deborah Buckingham| Episode 36

Play

The recent release of the new Left Behind movie has critics, Christians and non-believers talking. Today we speak with the movie’s producer Paul Lalonde.  Then, at 31:00 minutes in, we catch up with author of the new devotional “Nourishments” Deborah Buckingham.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-18
“For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet of God; and the dead in Christ shall rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and thus we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.”

Paul LalondePAUL LALONDE
Movie Producer
“90% of Christians question their faith at one time or another, the other 10% lie”

Paul Lalonde is a pioneering producer and writer of movies in the apocalyptic-thriller genre. In 2012 Paul formed Stoney Lake Entertainment (SLE) in order to fulfill his dream of creating a production company that focuses on producing big budget faith-themed films for a wider audience.

In our conversation Paul reveals how and why Academy Award winner Nicolas Cage signed on to the picture.  We discuss his own faith journey and his passion behind the “reimagining” of the Left Behind movie series.

LEFT BEHIND follows Rayford Steele (Nicolas Cage) who is piloting a commercial airliner just hours after the Rapture when millions of people around the globe simply vanish. Thirty thousand feet over the Atlantic, Rayford is faced with a damaged plane, terrified passengers, and a desperate desire to get back to his family. On the ground, his daughter, Chloe Steele (Cassi Thomson) is among those left behind, forced to navigate a world of madness as she searches for her lost mother and brother. Shot mostly in and around Baton Rouge, LA., LEFT BEHIND was produced by Paul Lalonde and Michael Walker and co-written by Paul Lalonde and John Patus. 

Website: leftbehindmovie.com/the-crew/paul-lalonde-producer/
Left Behind on Facebook
Twitter: @Paul_Lalonde

 

The Left Behind book series is available on Amazon

The Left Behind Collection

 

____________________________

Deborah BuckinghamCongratulations to Author Deborah Buckingham on the “brick and mortar” release of her daily devotional Nourishments. Her conversation starts about 31:00 minutes in.

It’s now available at Christian bookstore nationwide

Click here to buy Nourishments by Deborah Buckingham at amazon.com

Follow Deborah:
Website: www.nourishments.org
Deborah on Facebook

You can listen to my original interview with Deborah at onfaithsedge.com/28 

Previous post:

Next post: